Feature Toggling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been assigned with a POC (Proof of Concept) for my current project on the use of Feature Toggling/Flighting.

We are using few excel Add-ins and as far as I know all the forms are static and what I have read in the articles about the same I assume that feature Flighting has more to do with web application or services.

Is there anything we can do with regard to database by using feature flighting as to show a different calculation for a particular set of users ?

Any inputs would be highly appreciated. thanks

Thanks and regards, Rishabh K

• Moved by DotNet Wang Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Rishabh K,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection. Based on your description, I am afraid I cannot 100% understand your issue.  Your case seems not related to this forum's topic.

To better help you, I want to know where the feature Toggling/Fighting come from.

I've searched in MSDN, Streamlining the development process with feature flighting and Azure cloud services  Is it Azure cloud service feature?

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:31 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 8, 2016 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Rishabh K,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection. Based on your description, I am afraid I cannot 100% understand your issue.  Your case seems not related to this forum's topic.

To better help you, I want to know where the feature Toggling/Fighting come from.

I've searched in MSDN, Streamlining the development process with feature flighting and Azure cloud services  Is it Azure cloud service feature?

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:31 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, January 8, 2016 9:58 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:31 AM
  • Hi Rishabh K,

Any updates now?

Friday, December 11, 2015 2:14 AM
  • Hi Rishabh K,

Since you haven't come for a long time,  and based on your description, your case is out of our support scope. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reopen it or submit a new question. Now I will move your case to "off-topic" forum, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

• Edited by Kristin Xie Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:44 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:44 AM