Target marketing list to a launched campaign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 (desktop version). I have a campaign that is already running which basically sends an email with a coupon code. I would like to add a new target marketing list to this campaign and send the coupon code to the contacts in the marketing list too. I tried adding a test record (with my email address) but the campaign didn't fire and send me the coupon code. Do I have to do anything differently?

Regards

Pavan

• Edited by pavanperi Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:04 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:02 PM

Answers

• Launched campaigns will only "go forward" on new marketing lists added. 

For example: if you have three Campaign Activities in a Campaign.  You launch/distribute the first Campaign Activity, then add a new Marketing List, then launch/distribute the Second Campaign Activity.  The Marketing List you added AFTER launching the first Campaign Activity will never get the first Campaign Activity. 

Same with adding users to existing Marketing Lists already associated with a Campaign.  Activities are never retroactive.

To re-launch the first Campaign Activity, you would have to copy your existing Campaign as a brand-new Campaign, add the new Marketing List to that Campaign, then launch it by itself.

Or if this is a major use of CRM for you, get Dynamics Marketing instead, which handles all of this better.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by pavanperi Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:57 PM

All replies

• Launched campaigns will only "go forward" on new marketing lists added. 

For example: if you have three Campaign Activities in a Campaign.  You launch/distribute the first Campaign Activity, then add a new Marketing List, then launch/distribute the Second Campaign Activity.  The Marketing List you added AFTER launching the first Campaign Activity will never get the first Campaign Activity. 

Same with adding users to existing Marketing Lists already associated with a Campaign.  Activities are never retroactive.

To re-launch the first Campaign Activity, you would have to copy your existing Campaign as a brand-new Campaign, add the new Marketing List to that Campaign, then launch it by itself.

Or if this is a major use of CRM for you, get Dynamics Marketing instead, which handles all of this better.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by pavanperi Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:57 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your response. Within the same campaign, if I add a new campaign activity after adding the marketing list, will that work?

Regards

Pavan

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Yes, just make sure the Campaign Activity has the Marketing Lists you want included with it.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:52 PM