cant open windows has stop error 0x0000007B RRS feed

• General discussion

• it says at the top a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. I have tried to reboot with no evail I tried to put my operating system in and actually got to the internet then went down again I left my computer on last night was working fine and when I got up this morning it was at the boot menu but would not load windows tried for hours to do this. I have a gateway 2000 it has 56k modem but has had memory added which was the wrong one and crashed computer so had it fixed but not my gateway tower so not even sure what I got anymore but tried my gateway cd and did get somewhere the first time. this also said to check to see if my hard drive was working or if I had a virus but the only way to get off the page is to shut down cold and then when I turn it back on and goes to safe mode and back to this dont know what to do to check the drive or for virus cant get anywhere helpless in ne.
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, September 9, 2009 10:53 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, September 9, 2009 10:53 PM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 10:48 PM

All replies