I purchased Two Windows 7 Home Premium for resale. How do I check and see if Windows 7 Home Prem. is a Valid and Unactivated ? RRS feed

• Question

•  I have purchased Two Windows 7 Home Premium for resale. How do I check and see if Windows 7 Home Prem. is a Valid and Unactivated or are not in use ? 

THANKS JON

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:53 AM

Answers

• "JONMICHEL" wrote in message news:c6900556-305b-4643-aaae-4f56d5ef08f5...

I have purchased Two Windows 7 Home Premium for resale. How do I check and see if Windows 7 Home Prem. is a Valid and Unactivated or are not in use ? 

THANKS JON

There's no easy way to do it.

Are these unopened packages?
    Where did you purchase them from (often the best indicator - most MS software sold on places like eBay/Craigslist is counterfeit)
    Are the packages OEM or Retail? Upgrade, or Full?
    How much did you pay for them? - if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

If you install but DO NOT ACTIVATE the packages, then run the MGADiag tool, and post the report, we can at least tell whether they are counterfeits or not, and Darin can check the Keys with his tools for the activation history.

You may be able to get the Activation phone operators to tell you the activation history of your Keys, if you don't want to install them - but some balk at letting out what they may consider confidential information, and some seem to have little clue what they are talking about.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:39 AM