Suddenly unable to send large emails from C# application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can anyone help?

I have started to receive :

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at System.Net.Base64Stream.EncodeBytes(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, Boolean dontDeferFinalBytes, Boolean shouldAppendSpaceToCRLF)

at System.Net.Base64Stream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.Net.Mime.MimePart.Send(BaseWriter writer)

at System.Net.Mime.MimeMultiPart.Send(BaseWriter writer)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

When a large email is sent from a C#app on .NET4

I read that there is a hotfix for this issue, but I can't see to find it - all I get from MS Connect site is Page Not Found, can anyone help?

• Moved by Tina-Shi Monday, March 30, 2015 10:03 AM the issue is not related to this VS IDE
    Monday, March 23, 2015 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

the discussion under the link [1] may help you. It recommends the installation of an update that you can download at [2].

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2803132/net-4-0-fails-when-sending-emails-with-attachments-larger-than-3mb
    [2] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2468871

Regards,
    Henning Dieterichs
    Developer-Hotline for MSDN Online Germany

Disclaimer:
    Please take into consideration, that further inquiries cannot or will be answered with delay.
    For further information please contact us per telephone through the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline: http://www.msdn-online.de/Hotline
    MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline: Fast and professional help for software developers free of charge!

For this post by the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline the following terms and conditions apply: Trademarks, Privacy as well as the separate terms of use for the MSDN-Entwickler-Hotline .

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, March 30, 2015 7:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:41 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2015 12:33 PM
  • Hi john,

Thank you for posting in MSND forum.

Since this forum is to discuss: Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Based on your issue, it is related to the C# application, so I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue.

To help you find the correct forum support this issue, could you please tell me which kind of application you create using C# language? Is it a c# console application or others?

If possible, I suggest you could share the detailed coded about your issue so that we will better support this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:16 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:16 AM
  • Hi john,

Based on your issue, since I am not know which forum support your issue. So we will move this case to the Where is forum for..., it will help you find this specified forum for this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 30, 2015 10:02 AM