OEM restore disk will not accept key from (original) oem machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble with a couple of programs and was going to reload xp and start from scratch.  I have the original oem restore disk that came with my Dell Latitude E5500 and the key that is located behind the battery.  When I am asked to enter the key it gives me a popup stating that my key is not valid.  I have used the disk and the key in the past and had no problem.  What could be causing this to happen and is there a solution.

Thank You

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:09 PM

Answers

• "brborske" wrote in message news:c69e1170-f47c-4e84-9f64-f07aea5683ae...

I am having trouble with a couple of programs and was going to reload xp and start from scratch.  I have the original oem restore disk that came with my Dell Latitude E5500 and the key that is located behind the battery.  When I am asked to enter the key it gives me a popup stating that my key is not valid.  I have used the disk and the key in the past and had no problem.  What could be causing this to happen and is there a solution.

Thank You

Usually, the Recovery disk requires no key input at all - are you sure you're using the right one?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:19 AM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:03 AM

All replies

• "brborske" wrote in message news:c69e1170-f47c-4e84-9f64-f07aea5683ae...

I am having trouble with a couple of programs and was going to reload xp and start from scratch.  I have the original oem restore disk that came with my Dell Latitude E5500 and the key that is located behind the battery.  When I am asked to enter the key it gives me a popup stating that my key is not valid.  I have used the disk and the key in the past and had no problem.  What could be causing this to happen and is there a solution.

Thank You

Usually, the Recovery disk requires no key input at all - are you sure you're using the right one?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:19 AM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:03 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:19 AM