I need for windows xp pro for cyber cafe RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

i am opening a cyber cafe shop and i am intreseted in purchasing Windows XP professional edition. i need to install that on around 7-10 computers.i need some assistance regarding this.

1.Where can i purchase this and how much will be the cost for multiple licenses?

2. Should i get Multiple licence or should i get Multiple activation Keys for this?

Monday, February 28, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hello aurn1,

If the computers are new, then a Volume License for Windows XP Pro is NOT the correct choice because Volume Licenses for Windows are UPGRADE licenses ONLY---and for you to legitimately use an upgrade license, the computer must first have a legitimate installation of an upgradeable operating system.

Your best option is to purchase the computers with OEM licenses of Windows XP Pro already installed.  However, as Windows XP Pro is an obsolete operating system no longer sold by Microsoft, you may have a lot of trouble locating Genuine OEM license kits.

Also note that another option would be to purchase the computers with OEM licenses of Windows 7 Professional preinstalled, and then take advantage of the downgrade rights to do downgrade installations of Windows XP Professional onto the computers.

Monday, February 28, 2011 3:01 PM