none
Thread: Window wont close

Question

• See Window wont close. At first I thought that the answer is as easy as the first response says. But then I thought about it and realized that it is not simple and I explained the complexities in my post. Basically I said that if the main form is closed then the application will end and I think that is not what the person asking for help wants. Without feedback from the person asking the question we don't know what needs to be done. The first response seems to be bad advice but it has been proposed as an answer by a Microsoft person.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:52 AM

Answers

• Looks like the OP also acknowledged that it wasn't the correct result. The are no points for proposed answers. One method is to mark it abuse with a comment (asking to unmark it and reason) that only moderators would see.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 5, 2018 1:40 PM
  • It's hard to say if others would agree but I almost always check the abuse threads and comments to see what the issue is/was so it seems like its a good method reach out to moderators.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:35 PM

All replies

• Looks like the OP also acknowledged that it wasn't the correct result. The are no points for proposed answers. One method is to mark it abuse with a comment (asking to unmark it and reason) that only moderators would see.

Monday, March 5, 2018 1:40 PM
  • Thank you. I seem to be too shy about using the abuse option. I will be more likely to do use it in the future and I hope I make the appropriate decision. In that specific thread the person seems to say the problem is solved but they don't say how. I won't dwell on it.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, March 5, 2018 8:14 PM
  • It's hard to say if others would agree but I almost always check the abuse threads and comments to see what the issue is/was so it seems like its a good method reach out to moderators.

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:35 PM
  • And I did over-react. The Stackoverflow link does provide much information and does say essentially what I said plus more. I won't say what I really think about just closing the main form in that situation.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:20 AM