Restore backup issue from MS Money 2005 to Sunset Plus RRS feed

• Question

• I need to move my Money 2005 files to another computer.  The computer I currently have the data on is on version 1105 (US Version) so I can't just reload the Money 2005 software and restore a backup becuase i can't get the update on the new computer.  I loaded the Sunset Plus on my new computer and can open the program successfully.  However, when I try to "Restore a Backup" or open a copy of the mny file from the the other computer it allows me to select the file to restore and to choose the location to restore to then comes up with "Microsoft Money has encoutered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniece".  I have restarted the computer (I'm using Windows XP) since installing the Sunset Plus program.

I just want to be able to access my date either by getting Money 2005 updated on the new computer or by using the Plus Deluxe -- really don't care which one just don't want to lose my data.

Any ideas on getting either one to work?

Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:36 PM

All replies

• Try copying your Money file (the .MNY file, not a backup) to the new machine's deskotp and double clicking on it.

You might also try navigating to Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus and double clicking on Sample.MNY to confirm you have a good install.

Monday, July 18, 2011 12:06 AM