Folder doesn't synchronize after structure and dummy files created. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently decided to sync all of the photographs accross multiple PCs for my family. I added the My Pictures folder (not the default Windows one, it's just a folder I created with the name My Pictures - for that matter I'm running Vista), to my Mesh and made it not synchronize with Live Desktop (it's too big - 6 GB). Then I sgined up my family's ID account for Mesh, and invited them to share the folder. I set it to synchronize to E:\My Pictures.

It created the folder structure exactly as it should have, created all of the dummy files (picturename.jpg.wlx) and then just stopped synchronizing. I removed the folder from my family's Mesh and re-invited them and it did the same thing - created the folder structure with all of the dummy files and stopped syncing. Any ideas?

Both PCs are running Vista with UAC on. The one that has the pictures is Home Premium, the other is Business.
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 5:48 PM

Answers

• When you say that it stopped synchronizing, how long did you wait before giving up and starting again?

I think that it may be worhtwhile to submit a bug report with logs from the host machine and the machine that you are synchronizing with via P2P.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, April 6, 2009 1:07 PM

All replies

• When you say that it stopped synchronizing, how long did you wait before giving up and starting again?

I think that it may be worhtwhile to submit a bug report with logs from the host machine and the machine that you are synchronizing with via P2P.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Monday, April 6, 2009 1:07 PM
  • I waited about 4 hours before retrying. It has now been over 24 hours since I started again and it still hasn't synchronized anything beyond the folder structure and dummy files.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 8:51 PM
  • thanks for the additional information. The answer, at this point, is to file a bug per the link in my previous reply. If you would then post a link back to this thread to the bug report, that would be great.
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 11:21 AM