Error: Multiple server roles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have installed on Windows 2003 Server SP2  - OCS 2007 Public Beta.

All installation by "OCS_StandardEditionDeployment.doc" working fine but to the end to the validation task:

Office Communications Server 2007 Deployment Log:

Check Pool Host Authorization Entries 

Error: Multiple server roles (TrustedServer,TrustedImMcu,TrustedAcpMcu,TrustedDataMcu,TrustedAvMcu,TrustedWebComp,AuthorizedHost) are configured at the same address bmit-2k3-ocs.emea.bracco.test but they have different trust options.
    Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Any ideas?  Is it an issue?

Many thanks for collaboration

Gianluca

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Could you please summarize the installation steps (just title of steps). I also used OCS_StandardEditionDeployment.doc but nothing was wrong. Maybe you installed other server roles also on the same server ? By the way I will be checking the error.

Thanks & Regards.

Okan Gurer.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:31 PM
  •  

Hi Gianlucadefilpo ,

I found the cause of your problem. You have entered some servers to the Host Authorization of pool properties (Right click pool (NetBIOS name of server) > Properties > Host Authorization). These entries are not required for a Standard Edition OCS 2007 & Edge Server environment. Generally Host Authorization List is for devices that do not have a method for authenticating such as a PBX, for example the AP should not be added to this list.

If you remove these servers from Host Authorization tab, you will get a success report like the following ;

Check Pool Host Auhorization Entries ---> No WMI Instance Returned by Query : select * from MSFT_SIPRemoteAddressData where Backend="(local)\\rtc"

If your environment works fine with these authorized hosts you can ignore this error.

You can find below some useful descriptions of authorized hosts ;

Configuring Authorized Hosts

An authorized host is a server, client, or gateway that you explicitly designate as trusted. For example, an authorized host might be a server or client that has already performed authentication but does not appear on the trusted server list. Or it might be an IP-PSTN gateway or other entity that does not perform authentication but can be trusted anyway.

Configuring a SIP-PSTN Gateway as an Authorized Host (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/livecomm/library/pstn/lcspstn_1.mspx)

You must add a SIP-PSTN gateway as an authorized host in order to complete server configuration for PC-to-phone functionality. You configure an authorized host using the Host Authorization tab on the Live Communications Server property sheets.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards.

Okan Gurer.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Could you please summarize the installation steps (just title of steps). I also used OCS_StandardEditionDeployment.doc but nothing was wrong. Maybe you installed other server roles also on the same server ? By the way I will be checking the error.

Thanks & Regards.

Okan Gurer.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:31 PM
  •  

Hi Gianlucadefilpo ,

I found the cause of your problem. You have entered some servers to the Host Authorization of pool properties (Right click pool (NetBIOS name of server) > Properties > Host Authorization). These entries are not required for a Standard Edition OCS 2007 & Edge Server environment. Generally Host Authorization List is for devices that do not have a method for authenticating such as a PBX, for example the AP should not be added to this list.

If you remove these servers from Host Authorization tab, you will get a success report like the following ;

Check Pool Host Auhorization Entries ---> No WMI Instance Returned by Query : select * from MSFT_SIPRemoteAddressData where Backend="(local)\\rtc"

If your environment works fine with these authorized hosts you can ignore this error.

You can find below some useful descriptions of authorized hosts ;

Configuring Authorized Hosts

An authorized host is a server, client, or gateway that you explicitly designate as trusted. For example, an authorized host might be a server or client that has already performed authentication but does not appear on the trusted server list. Or it might be an IP-PSTN gateway or other entity that does not perform authentication but can be trusted anyway.

Configuring a SIP-PSTN Gateway as an Authorized Host (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/office/livecomm/library/pstn/lcspstn_1.mspx)

You must add a SIP-PSTN gateway as an authorized host in order to complete server configuration for PC-to-phone functionality. You configure an authorized host using the Host Authorization tab on the Live Communications Server property sheets.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards.

Okan Gurer.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:04 PM
  • Many thanks for collaboration.

To the edn, I have reinstalled all OCS 2007 on WINDOWS 2003 with SP1 and all working Fine.

I confirm that SP2 of windows 2003 is not supported from OCS 2007.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:22 AM