How To Backup "Other" Files RRS feed

• Question

•  

I cant for the life of me figure out how to back up certain folders. What I'd like to do is back up a program in the Program Files folder (actually all my CorelDraw files here at work) and cant seem to get there. Does OneCare 2.0 only back up stuff in the root directory or did I miss a setting somewhere.

Thanks!
    ~Tony

Friday, February 1, 2008 8:18 PM

Answers

• OneCare does not backup Program Files folder or the Windows installation folder. See the online help page for backup.

I'm in a similar situation - I need certain files in Program Files backed up. Considering a scheduled script to copy the files into My Document/somefolder. Then I need to determine if Backup will pick up the files or a .zip of the files. Right now I don't have an answer.

Mike

Saturday, February 2, 2008 1:25 AM

All replies

• OneCare does not backup Program Files folder or the Windows installation folder. See the online help page for backup.

I'm in a similar situation - I need certain files in Program Files backed up. Considering a scheduled script to copy the files into My Document/somefolder. Then I need to determine if Backup will pick up the files or a .zip of the files. Right now I don't have an answer.

Mike

Saturday, February 2, 2008 1:25 AM
  • Mike, actually you do have the answer and you provided it. :-)

If you get the files into \My Documents or another supported location, they will be backed up depending on the file type and the type selections you have set in the backup plan. You can use "other" if it isn't picked up in the other categories, but you may then want to exclude other folders as "other" can end up being a whole load of files.

-steve

Saturday, February 2, 2008 3:41 AM