CRM Outlook tracking meetings & Appointments RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All;

Quick question in CRM 2011 if a user is invited to a already tracked meeting inside of CRM and declines the meeting; next time they sync the meeting/appointment is resynced back to the Outlook Calendar. What is supposed to happen when you decline a Tracked meeting/appointment.

Has anyone else found this issue or know what the happens when an invited recipient declines a tracked CRM meeting?

Thank you!

Jason Cosman

Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I'm working through a similar issue right now.  At least in my case, the root of the problem is that CRM 2011 does not track attendee status (accepted, declined etc.) only if they are Required, CC'd or organizer.  In some situations the Outlook Filters add the appointment back to the outlook calendar after a user has declined it (because in CRM they are still listed as required).  Here are some other similar situations that can cause problems and my initial thoughts.

Some other situations that can cause problems:

1) A CRM user declines a tracked meeting on a shared calendar.  If the calendar owner is also a CRM user, when they log onto outlook the meeting will be re-added to their calendar by the default sync.

2) A CRM user declines a meeting that is not yet tracked.  Later, another user tracks the meeting.  The default sync filters add it back to the first user's calendar.

3) A CRM user declines an invite and requests a new time.  The default sync adds the meeting back to their calendar in the original time slot.

Initial thoughts:

If CRM tracked attendee status that could be added to the outlook filter to prevent the meetings from re-appearing. It may be possible to extend the appointment object and collect this information through an Outlook Add-in or EWS, but I am concerned that it may not be possible to capture changes generated by mobile devices.

Alternatively, it would be nice to be able to customize how syncing between the outlook calendar and CRM works.  In my case the ideal situation would be to have the initial sync write the appointment record to CRM, and continue to synchronize updates down to CRM, but only sync the tracking tokens up to Outlook (based on the outlook appointment id).  

Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:13 PM
  • Hi,

funnily enough, one of my users has raised this with me - that meeting acceptances or rejections are not being tracked. Moreover, when an attendee accepts a meeting and includes pertinent information in the response text, this is also not tracked

is there an answer to this problem?

regards

Jamie

Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:42 AM