Installing WHS failed RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot install WHS. When I enter serial and agree with deletion of disks, I stuck on "creating partition" with two errors "cannot load library" and one of those two error codes is 0x80070485.

No use of safe mode or debugging mode. I was able to try it on another computer, but I need to install it to take screenshots, so it is a rush. I tried on two different computers, and I get same error (both Intel and AMD, although both with ATA disks).

It is urgent to solve this problem, because we are going to publish it soon.

Thank you for any help.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 9:32 AM

Answers

• You will either need to get your editor to download the software for you again, and use a CRC checking utility afterward to verify that the download was good, or you will have to register for the beta program on Connect and wait to be allowed into the program. At that point you'll be able to download the software.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:03 PM

All replies

• Have you tried re-burning the install DVD? There have been several problems reported that have been fixed by re-burning the .iso using the slowest speed possible seems to help.

Gordon

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:05 AM
  • Two times, but both with Nero. However, I often use Nero and without any trouble. Do you suggest some other (tested) software? It is so urgent, that I am prepared to try anything.

But, be aware that same error occured on both instalations on two different computers. That tells me that problem is somewhere else. I couldn t find meaning of that error code.

H.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:34 AM
  • I would try using the CDBurn application that ships with the WHS package and possibly use a different media.

If the same error occured on 2 different computers it could be the media, unless of course both PC's are identical and it doesnt like something with the hardware.

Try the media route first though.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 10:57 AM
  • I will, but what chance is failure on two DVDs on same place?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 11:04 AM
  • H, if you're having the same problem on more than one PC, the odds are that you have a bad download or burn. You should work your way through all of the diagnostic steps detailed on the download page.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 12:05 PM
  • This page contains error, and it is not opened for me. You mentionedioned damaged download. Is it posible to download it again? I got this copy from my editor. What is the quickest way to get it again? Do you need any data?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 1:52 PM
  • You will either need to get your editor to download the software for you again, and use a CRC checking utility afterward to verify that the download was good, or you will have to register for the beta program on Connect and wait to be allowed into the program. At that point you'll be able to download the software.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:03 PM