Changing Live-ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any way to change your live-id and transfer points to another live-id?
    Changing companies also means changing live-id

Greetings
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    • Moved by Whosane002 Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:28 AM Related to profile (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    • Moved by Honglei Ji Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:31 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    • Moved by Kenneth Lee Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:14 PM (From:Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers

• This is something that we do not currently support, although we do have this request on our backlog.

I don't have an ETA on when this feature would be available. For now, if you need to use a new Live ID, there isn't a way to transfer your points to the new Live ID.
    Husain Shambhoora (@husains) | Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:28 AM

All replies

• This is something that we do not currently support, although we do have this request on our backlog.

I don't have an ETA on when this feature would be available. For now, if you need to use a new Live ID, there isn't a way to transfer your points to the new Live ID.
    Husain Shambhoora (@husains) | Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:28 AM
  • I would love to have this feature too. I have two Windows Live ID, one old one with a whole bunch of points and a more recent one that is associated also to my MSDN Subscription that I want to keep from this point on. I would love to transfer the points from the old ID to the new ID but I have also noticed that I keep getting points on my old account for old posts, I am wondering whether this transfer then also means that these old posts would then also be associated to the new ID?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him a lifetime
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:16 PM
  • Hi there,

Is there anything new here? I need to transfer my points to a new account too...

Just because you can't change your billing address country (I move from one country to an other), you need to change your live id (well, when I say "you", I mean "I").

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Hello,

Is there any word on this feature? It would be very helpful for me too.

~ Wessty
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Why was this moved to "Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here)"?
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Why was this moved to "Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here)"?

It was a mistake by a new support engineer. Sorry for the confusion.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:21 PM
  • You can change your Live ID email address. To do so, contact the admin via Site Feedback. The process is here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

You cannot merge multiple accounts yet.

I hope this helps answer your question!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:50 AM