Recreate workflow to be triggered from different entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we need to copy workflows that currently running in our CRM to another entity that has the same fields names as the trigger entity.

IS there a possible way to do it using tool , or programmatically?

we had to do this because one of our entities are created with organization owner ship and we had to recreate the entity with the same field and user or team owner ship.

We  have CRM 2011 on premise.

Thanks

Marwa

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:20 PM

All replies

• I've never tried to do this and although technically it would be possible - I suspect it would be easier to recreate by hand!

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:33 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

You need to set your workflow as template so that you can reuse it, Check this

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:22 AM
  • hi,

Thanks for your reply, but copying workflow from template work only on the same entity not with different entity.

my problem is that i havre to recreate an existing entity in the system that is associated with many workflow.

in this case creating workflow from template will not work since the entity is different.

Thanks

Marwa

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:37 PM