Removing backups in Vista RRS feed

• Question

•  

I followed your FAQ down to the part where you said to set the file permission on the One Care Backup folder, this does not seem to be working for me. I can give my user "Full Control" but I still cannot delete the folders within (the backup folders for my 3 computers). Then I tried using your other option, cacls "L:\Windows OneCare\KOSMOS" /t/g administrators:F, and I get the following message: "Cacls has been deprecated, please use Icacls". When I try the same line but with Icacls I get the message: "Invalid parameters /t/g"...

I am running out of space and need to start over... And I cannot reformat the backup drive (it is an external 1TB external drive). Any suggestions? Are there any plans to add in backup managment into OneCare at some point in the future instead of the "Delete everything and start over" approach?

Thanks...

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:31 AM

Answers

• Have you tried making the One Care backup folder a shared folder? That usually works when other methods fail.If you need further assistance deleting One Care backups please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I don't know what features will be added to One Care in the future but I agree that some form of backup management would be much appreciated as well as a simpler way to delete unwanted backups.

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:35 AM