Windows xp validation issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

A message popped up yesterday saying “You may be a victim of software piracy” which I ignored because I know my windows is genuine. When I restarted my computer today the message came up again in the windows startup screen before windows finish loading and asked if I wanted to resolve this issue. I selected no and windows finished loading then restarted my computer. It did this several times until I selected resolve now then windows finished loading and started explorer. It took me to Microsoft but I really didn’t want to mess with it at the time so I closed the page. When I did so my computer froze. I left it a while to see if it would fix but after 20 mins it still was frozen so I tried to restart. Now my computer won’t boot up. The power comes on but there is no beep and no display. I fear Microsoft screwed me!

I bought my computer new from a computer store and it has the genuine windows xp home edition hologram sticker on the back with my serial number. I tried using Microsoft support but they as for my product identification number buy going to start, control panel, performance and maintenance, and click on system under the general tab. Which I can’t do so I tried putting in my serial number and it says invalid. On top of that they want to charge me!

Need help please.

Sunday, March 9, 2008 9:47 PM

Answers

• Hello ainokea,

The WGA program will not have any possible way of causing your computer not to start up, if your computer is not getting power then this is a hardware and not a software issue.  I would highly suggest contacting the manufacturer of this machine for further support regarding this issue.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:32 PM