Found more than one RibbonDiff entity RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    I was customizing my ribbon using  both "Ribbon Workbench" and "Visual Ribbon Editor", but when publishing it fails with the above error: "Found more than one RibbonDiff entity". I have tried all of links abt resetting the ribbon, importing back the customization, but it still gives me same error. i tried to check the duplicate ID in the XML but i can't find any. i even use some XML apps to find duplicate ID, bt they cant find any. I still cant publish my customizations.

    Pls help as i havent trying this for a long time now. 


    Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:58 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please check following KB article to solve this.


    check this also :


    Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

    • Edited by _Vikram Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:17 PM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:17 PM
  • Hi

    Thanks for the links but i have done it already. As i said above, after customizing the ribbon using either Workbench or Ribbon Editor i get the error when trying to publish the changes i made.

    i dont know how to identify duplicate ID in the xml and even couldnt find one using an XML apps. so i dont knw anymore wat to do.

    Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:45 PM
  • any other ribbon customizations have you done before ?

    Is there any managed solution available ? 

    Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

    Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:58 PM
  • I dont understand properly...i mostly use Ribbon Workbench and Visual Ribbon Editor.

    managed solution for what? 

    Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:06 PM
  • pls guya any help ?
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hi Guys, Thank for the one who have responded. im still struggling with the same issue.

    Anyone to help please.


    Monday, November 18, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Hi,

    You are on the right lines with checking for duplicate IDs - but the issue is that even once you have removed any duplicate IDs you will still not be able to publish. This is just one of those things.

    What you'll need to do is to remove the ribbon customisations completely then re-import with no duplicates.

    If you post your RibbonXML (from the Ribbon XML tab in the ribbon workbench I can check it for you).

    If you would rather not post on a public forum you can raise a ticket at http://ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com



    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Hi everyone.

    As a temporal workaround I found that editing the ID of the offending object solves the problem.

    But this must be done each time I need to publish a new ribbon, because this workaround solves the problem for that moment, next time the ribbon needs to be published, the ID must be changed again, only need to change a letter or number.

    I know is not a proper solution, but eventually can help in some scenarios and give light about the potential problem related to the way CRM handles ID's in Ribbon.

    As a sample, see image of the location of the offending ID (using the great Ribbon Workbench solution).

    HTH, Hugo.

    Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:30 PM