Black Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop with the dreaded black screen. The first problem i noticed was the bottom task bar was not responding. After a while all i got was a black screen. I can access the bios but can't get into safe mode. I have tried all the options on the recovery disk apart from a reinstall ( i want to keep my files ). Any help would be greatly appreciated as i an not technically minded and can't afford to take it to a shop for repair.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this issue on!

• Moved by Just Karl Friday, September 1, 2017 3:29 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Monday, May 22, 2017 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi mrsmiff,

Firstly I hope you will provide Windows version and build.

Please reinstall Windows (not Clean/Fresh install, but overwrite install = your files left as they are), if you have a installation media (CD, DVD, USB stick).
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:40 AM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

Since your post is off-topic, I am moving it to the off topic forum.

Karl

Friday, September 1, 2017 3:02 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Friday, September 1, 2017 3:29 PM