Trying to restore backup of Home Computer RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm using an old Celery system as my test "home computer" with a fresh install of XP. After using the Connector CD to connect it to the WHS, everything was fine. Used the remote console and had the server back up the "home computer" and all was well. I deleted everything on the "home computer" by deleting the one partition that was on the hd so I could try restoring the backup from the server. During the bootup with the Home Computer Restore CD, it says that it can't see the network and asks for additional drivers for the network adapter (Intel Pro/100b pci). And since the drivers come in a compressed exe file that only wants to be installed in Windows and not just expanded, the drivers don't do me much good. Haven't tried any other NIC's yet but I will shortly. I kind of doubt that it's an old or unsupported NIC card but if it is it is. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 4:33 PM

All replies

• scarred,

Same issue for me, but the Home Computer Restore CD didn't even ask for drivers. It just failed, with an error- (which is the title of my thread -Unknown network error) after the PC Restore disc initialized.

My NIC is a Linksys 10/100 that I just purchased 2 months ago.(can't remember the model#)   I put in a Connect bug on it, which is here,

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=259073

On that link, is a Beta support Engineers explanation.

Vote on it if you would like, or provide these comments to the feedback item, if you want.

Jeff  

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:10 PM
  • Also tried a D-link DFE-530 TX card with the same results.
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:33 PM
  • scarred1, 

looks like lots of them are failing.

All 3 of my nics don't work, they are all different, a Linksys LNE 100TX

an Intel 3945abg, and another linksys usb adapter.

An engineer with the beta team posted a probable explanation on my Connect bug.

If you vote for the Connect issue, the more votes,the closer it gets looked at

lol

Good luck with your testing.

Jeff

Saturday, February 24, 2007 3:39 PM