snooze periods RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The snooze periods (1 minute, 5 minutes 1 hour, 1 day) on Windows mobile 6.0 are not practical at all. I can remember things I'll have to do in 1 minute, most of the times I can remember even 5 minutes later, still 1 hour is short, but 1 day is way too long.

I think these options should be more and costumisable , or at least be like in Windows mobile 2003 where there was a 8 hours optin.

Simply can't use this options.

Apart from this, for my use it's a perfect Operating system.

Looking forward to hear from you

FLP

Friday, March 28, 2008 1:33 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate your logical request for a snooze feature for 2 hours, 4 hours or whatever customizable option you prefer. We'll post any workarounds if and when there are options beyond what you've each tried. I'm marking this as answered because the team has seen this thread. This thread stays viewable for any additions that any of us uncover.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:53 AM
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:52 AM

All replies

• I agree (this is the second post I just found on this issue).  Microsft you listening there?  Give us some more options like Outlook (Please, pretty please!).

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:58 PM
  • I've looked around recently and found nothing useful to fix this.  It kills me that the default options are un-customizable.  Ugh!

Thursday, August 7, 2008 3:18 AM
  • Couldn't agree more! These render my smartphone Snooze feature virtually useless to me. I really depend on this feature every day. Things always change. If Microsoft doesn't offer a fix for this very soon, my next phone will not be a Windows Mobile platform.
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 3:30 AM
  • PLEASE MICROSOFT!!!! This can't be a huge change to make?? We have GOT to have snooze options between the 1hr and 1day settings...... 2hr, 4hr,8hrs..... this is a HUGE annoyance.

I love WM6.1 with the exception of this issue. I was SO hoping you fixed it in 6.1.... *sigh*
    Monday, September 15, 2008 5:49 AM
  • So true!  The selections are completely impractical and nearly useless!  Nothing between one hour and one day?!  How many people actually need to be reminded again in one minute?  Why can't Microsoft make this functionality useful?
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:01 PM
  • I couldn't agree more.
    We had the option for 1, 5, 10, 15 minutes and 1 hour.
    I was hoping it was extended with 30 minutes.
    But now we can't choose anything anymore.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CORRECT THIS!!
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:52 PM
  • I hope that the number of posts on this will make Microsoft sit up and take notice!

I decided I'd had enough of the situation and did a search to see if there was a solution. Obviously not, except in Microsoft's hands.

Nothing between 1 hour and 1 day is utterly useless. It's quite reasonable to set an alarm 1 day before the event, but I don't want to have to reset 'Snooze' every hour for the next 23 hours!
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:46 PM
  • This makes me so irritating--my old pocket pc was better for this-I have to keep my new phone on silent to keep from going crazy---I wish that I had known about this before I bought this phone---This might be the last phone with Microsoft mobile on it that I buy----and the main reason I bought it for was the calendar and the SNOOZING
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:30 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate your logical request for a snooze feature for 2 hours, 4 hours or whatever customizable option you prefer. We'll post any workarounds if and when there are options beyond what you've each tried. I'm marking this as answered because the team has seen this thread. This thread stays viewable for any additions that any of us uncover.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:53 AM
    Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:52 AM
  • I just got an HTC Pure with winMo 6.5, and now I don't even get an option for snooze duration.  It defaults to something like 5 minutes.  This is ridiculous!

jcs
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:44 PM