none
My forum activity is stuck again RRS feed

Answers

• BTW, the missing points and missing activity never made it. So, whatever points were lost are still lost.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Yes, this is true but atleast forum is working for all new activities and email alert seems to working fine. I don't think we will get back lost points again.

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:06 AM

All replies

• Yep, same here...

denniver

Blog: http://bytecookie.wordpress.com

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:41 AM
  • I just noticed this today, because I was about to tip over the 10,000 mark, or I wouldn't have realised it was happening

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/88e839d7-2367-4cef-95a3-094fecdbc4d4

I thoiught it was a rare bug, because the OP marked one post as proposed answer, and another as actual answer, but I see it is a wider spread issue.

Is it just that the system has to catch up? Now I've noticed it, I will be watching more closely obviously, but I presume it will catch up eventually?

I can imagine this kind of thing happening if one of the machines in the chain of "data collection and updating" is slow, or briefly offline...

[EDIT] I read a bit further down and I see other posts here and here (mods please merge), the latter link having an answer that it is a known bug, updates lagging 3 hours behind, Ed and the team know about it.

Regards,
    Pete

#PEJL

Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:10 AM
  • +1

I am also experiencing the similar issues as mentioned in the posts above.

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

- .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....

Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Hi,

Here is one more answer link which is not updated in my profile activity.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/23716aa0-1c04-4f9c-8b41-9c26832e04e9

I have noticed that, this question suppose to be added in profile activity as link but it didn't. Something must be going wrong with forum DB and i believe MS people would be working on that.

Hi Pete,

Your second link was addressed last week issue and i also raised same in this thread. That time i had lost 400-500 points last week and now it is happening again and i don't know how much i will lose. :-) MS person replied in that thread and filed it as bug and bug number is 75115.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:22 AM
  • This is a Profile issue. Moving to that forum. Then maybe we'll combine with any other Activity threads.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:15 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I think my yesterday activities is upto date now. Thanks to Ed and MS people.

I will mark this thread as answer once other people will confirm same.

Friday, August 3, 2012 4:47 AM
  • Activity feeds are working now for me.

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

- .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....

Friday, August 3, 2012 5:27 AM
  • BTW, the missing points and missing activity never made it. So, whatever points were lost are still lost.

My blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:31 PM
  • Yep same here.
    Got a flood of email alerts, but no profile/activity updates.

#PEJL

Saturday, August 4, 2012 9:12 PM

My blog

Yes, this is true but atleast forum is working for all new activities and email alert seems to working fine. I don't think we will get back lost points again.

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Yes, I am afraid it is true unless the job will be run to re-calculate all the points for everyone.

My blog

Monday, August 6, 2012 1:51 PM