OCS2007 Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I'm looking for some information on the best way to baseline and troubleshoot an OCS2007 deployment.

For example - which performance counters should i be concerned with, what should be a good baseline in terms of :

How long should it take to log in

latency of messages between users on the same OCS server or pool

latency of messages to federated systems etc.etc. etc.

Obviously this will depend to a large degree on all the obvious things like available network latency

I have seen the guide listed here : 

http://communicationsserverteam.com/archive/2007/09/10/9.aspx

but just wondered what is seen as a requirement for performance monitoring and diagnostic troubleshooting in a large enterprise deployment of OCS2007.

Friday, December 21, 2007 3:23 PM

All replies

• Good questions.. all of them!! Stay tuned for the first of three UC blogs on this exact subject!!

But first, other than monitoring for latency issues which you already mentioned, I'd be interested in hearing from you what your customer's requirements are for performance monitoring and diagnostic troubleshooting in a large enterprise deployment of OCS2007?

Stu Osborn - Program Manager
    Microsoft Corporation
    UC-RTC Enterprise Engagement Team

Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:06 AM
  •  

Have these blogs that you speak of been posted anywhere yet?
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 9:07 PM
  • Not quite yet.. Two of the first ones (there are now four planned) are "in the can" and under review. At least one Microsoft Partner is getting them early. Stay tuned..

Saturday, April 5, 2008 3:24 PM