Using Remote Desktop with XP RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Mesh on a machine using XP Prof. I get yellow triangles on my devices. If I right click on a device, I can choose "share screen with remote device" ... When I click it, I get a msg to install enhancements (which are supposed to be installed per instructions during setup) for XP....
    If I click connect, it looks like it is waiting to connect, then the window just shuts and nothing happens...
    Whats going on? Does it not work right?
    Any suggestions?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:46 AM

Answers

• Perhaps try this information (from the sticky, known-issues list at: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/ed5676d9-59a4-4203-9191-d7f0d72f467b)

Issue: One or more of the devices in your mesh is showing as unavailable for remote access.
    Workaround: Follow the steps below to fix the Live Mesh Remote Desktop issue.

1. Right-click on the notifier icon in the notification area of the taskbar and select Exit.

2. Open the Start menu and select All Programs.

3. Click Live Mesh.

4. Restart your computer (or open the Command Prompt and type 'net stop wlcrasvc & net start wlcrasvc').

5. If this does not work, try deleting the following file from your device and restart the machine again:

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\production\ppcrlconfig.dll

On Windows Vista:
                 C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\production\ppcrlconfig.dll

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:47 AM