DVD Drive Stopped Working After Vista Service Pack 1 install? RRS feed

• Question

• Subject says it all, my drive stopped working after upgrading with a service pack.  Worked fine before that.  Vista locates the driver, says it's ok, just won't load it.  Have yellow explamation point in device driver for the DVD drive as well.  Help.

Friday, May 9, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hello AdamVA,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation issues. Your post does not appear to be Vista Activation or Validation related and, as such, is off-topic for the forum (as well as outside my area of knowledge).

I suggest going to the Vista Solution Center (http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732#tab0). The Solution Center page has information on known SP1 issues, as well as a link to free Phone, Chat or Email based support for SP1 related issues.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 9, 2008 8:27 PM

All replies

•  

Hello AdamVA,

These forums are for the support of Windows Genuine Advantage Validation issues. Your post does not appear to be Vista Activation or Validation related and, as such, is off-topic for the forum (as well as outside my area of knowledge).

I suggest going to the Vista Solution Center (http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11732#tab0). The Solution Center page has information on known SP1 issues, as well as a link to free Phone, Chat or Email based support for SP1 related issues.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 9, 2008 8:27 PM
  •  AdamVA wrote:

Subject says it all, my drive stopped working after upgrading with a service pack.  Worked fine before that.  Vista locates the driver, says it's ok, just won't load it.  Have yellow explamation point in device driver for the DVD drive as well.  Help.

The same thing happen to me now. Please help

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:22 AM