Contacts View customisation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Wonder if someone can tell me how in CRM 2011 to customise the selected contact / account etc view (i.e. I click on Sales > Contacts then select a contact and I am presented with a quick view underneath).

I have gone through the customisations and all of the views under that and cannot see anything.

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks

David Hodgson
    Add me on Twitter and LinkedIn
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all your answers and thanks to Donna for marking an answer as corrert however unfortunately it was not correct.

I am referring to the view of the contact / account that displayed under the lookup view (all contacts, my active contacts etc). I ammened the default form adding a custom field that I needed on the form and then wanted that to be displayed in the lookup view.

It turns out that after publishing the customisation to the form the view is actually updated itself no further interaction required.

I my description of views is a bit vague, I am unsure as to what all the views are called.

Once again thank you for the input.

Regards

David Hodgson
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:39 AM

All replies

• While you are in the view (and you must have enough privileges to do this) click on the Customize tab on the ribbon and then click the "View" button. Then you will be able to customize that specific view.

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

You can customize Contact, Account or any other record view either from CRM Advance Find (can save view as personal view) tool or from Settings->Customizations->Customizations->Customize The System->Entity->Contact->Views . To customize/personalize current view via Advance Find :

1. In CRM, go to Sales->Contacts and in Ribobn toolbar click on Advance Find buttpn

2. In Advance Find, click on Edit Columns button to edit required columns/fields to display

3. Click on Details button to change record display criteria

4. Click on Save As button to save as personalized view

System Views

In order to customize system view you need security privileges for Customizations and View entity in security role Customization Tab

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Thanks for all your answers and thanks to Donna for marking an answer as corrert however unfortunately it was not correct.

I am referring to the view of the contact / account that displayed under the lookup view (all contacts, my active contacts etc). I ammened the default form adding a custom field that I needed on the form and then wanted that to be displayed in the lookup view.

It turns out that after publishing the customisation to the form the view is actually updated itself no further interaction required.

I my description of views is a bit vague, I am unsure as to what all the views are called.

Once again thank you for the input.

Regards

David Hodgson
    www.infinitygroup.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by DavidHodgson Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:39 AM