Interior Pages in Index But Not Home Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our site www.1st-class-wedding-invitations.com was ranked #1 for "Wedding Invitations", but now is nowhere to be found.

However, the interior pages are still being ranked.

MSN was displaying the following decription for all our listed pages, basically code for all our indexed and ranked pages.

"DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
        <title>Wedding Invitations - Wedding Announcements - 1st Class Wedding Invitations</title>"

We looked back at the code and there was a "
    \" before the <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    . This was due to bad code - Sorry.

We fixed this promptly on 1/27 upon noticing it; and submitted an xml site map to MSN verified on 2/3 and now our home page and our p1 "wedding invitations" listing is gone from MSN.

Interestingly enough if you search on MSN UK all the serp listings are correct and it lists our home page when you use the site: parameter.

Thus please restore our rankings for our home page in your index.

Thanks

Monday, February 9, 2009 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You aren't blocked, so I've submitted this for review. Unforturnately, this can take awhile for results (if any) to appear. I will let you know as soon as they make a determination.

Brett
    Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, February 20, 2009 8:19 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you made any recent architectural or (major) content changes? Also, what keywords did you use to find your site in the UK and in the main index?

Thanks,

Brett
    Friday, February 13, 2009 2:22 PM
  • Hi Brett,

No. None - Regarding Architechtural / Content Changes.

There were a handful of keywords we were found in US and UK index, for example "wedding invitations".  In uk index were on page 6, but we were on page 1 pos 1 in msn us, for our home page and now its not even in us index but its in uk index for that word, wedding invitations.

Interior page is ranked in us index for example for keyword "wedding invitations online"

Hope that helps
    Friday, February 13, 2009 6:37 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Any update?

Thanks
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

You aren't blocked, so I've submitted this for review. Unforturnately, this can take awhile for results (if any) to appear. I will let you know as soon as they make a determination.

Brett
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Friday, February 20, 2009 8:19 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:19 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Just following up, any word back on status?

Thanks
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 6:53 PM