none
Windows App Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to know which certificate is best windows app form beginning to the deployment?

What's the best books for it?

Thanks.

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "Windows app." The information that I am providing here assumes that you are talking about Windows Store apps for Windows 8 devices (formerly "Metro".) If you are interested more in standard Windows desktop applications or something else, please let me know.

For Windows apps, there are two paths that you can take.  The choice you need to make is whether to certify on developing apps with HTML5/JavaScript or C#.

For HTML5, you need the following three exams for the MCSD certification:

70-480 Programming Fundamentals; 70-481 Windows Store Essentials; 70-482 Windows Store Advanced

For C#, you need the following three exams for the MCSD certification:

70-483 Programming Fundamentals; 70-484 Windows Store Essentials; 70-485 Windows Store Advanced

All of the exams are live or will be in the very near future. You can visit the Microsoft Learning site here to learn more about the exams: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsd-windows-store-apps.aspx

I don't have any book recommendations for you yet. I have purchased several early versions of books but the books are just starting to be published. If you can give me a bit more information about what you are looking for I might be able to make a recommendation.

Thanks,

Mike

Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:14 PM
  • There is also the MCPD: Windows Developer 3.5/4.0 certification stream which covers Windows Application development for non-Metro style aplications.  More information can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, October 22, 2012 10:28 PM

All replies