CRM 4.0 - IFD & On Premise... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am in the process of setting up an IFD for our current CRM implementation. It seems to be going reasonably well and i think i'm almost there, however i am getting a strange problem.

When i access our AD App Root Domain internally i get thrown straight into CRM as expected. When i access our IFD App Root Domain externally i get thrown straight to the blue signin page as expected. However if i try to access our IFD App Root Domain internally i also get prompted with the blue sign in page, i was expecting a windows authentication form?

I have added our subnet range into the IFD Tool and confirmed that i have input the correct details.

We are running our CRM server on a Windows 2008 box running IIS 7.0, current Rollup is 9.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andi

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if you access the IFD APP address, is the request routed in the same way as when requesting AD APP?

If for example, a request for the IFD APP url from your internal network is routed through a firewall (like the request from external), it could reach the crm server with a different ip as you assume.

btw. this should not be a problem, as you clients always use the AD APP url as long as they could reach the crm server with this address.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:15 PM

All replies

• Did you reset IIS?

Have you disable IPv6 on the CRM server? As you can only define IPv4 subnets, IPv6 should be disable on the CRM server

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

All my tools on my new dedicated site: MSCRMTools Repository
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:21 PM
  • IPv6 is disabled for this server yes.
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

if you access the IFD APP address, is the request routed in the same way as when requesting AD APP?

If for example, a request for the IFD APP url from your internal network is routed through a firewall (like the request from external), it could reach the crm server with a different ip as you assume.

btw. this should not be a problem, as you clients always use the AD APP url as long as they could reach the crm server with this address.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:15 PM