What Certification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I am working as a programmer and have got more than two years experience. I am interested to do Certification from Microsoft but I am confused which certification to choose. My priority area for certification is Visual Studio, Dot Net, Programming. Can u help me in choosing a certification for me. I have never applied or did any of Microsoft Certification.

I have also studied a little about MCPD (Web). Are there any pre-requisites and what is the procedure.

Waiting for suggestions and details from u ppl.

Regards.

Thursday, August 5, 2010 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Waheed,

you find the Certification that is available for Visual Studio at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-vstudio.aspx.

I think a MCPD is a good target and at the moment there are 2 possibilities:

1) Visual Studio 2008. This is the older technology but self-paced training kits and a lot of books are available. If you decide to go this path, the first exam should be 70-536 and afterwards you do an exam in an area you ike e.g. 70-505 Windows Forms or 50-562 ASP.Net.

2) Visual Studio 2010. This is the new release from April 2010. The big disadvantage is, that so far there is no training material available. (So no self-paced training kit books!) That makes it quite hard to prepare to this exam. A good start could be 70-515 here (Web Applications) or 70-511 Windows Aplicazions)

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Andrey Korshikov Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:39 AM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 10:38 AM
    Answerer