View Filters (Is there OR condition) cant combine the filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am struggling with below question for my Dashboard view for my appointments. My APPOINTMENT entity has:

- on the main form, "Outcome of the Meeting" text field (this is where I can put notes of my meetings)

- Additional Participants sub-grid to entity called "Additional Participants" - besides few other items in it there is a choice for user to Share the appointment record with any other team.

What I want to accomplish in my Dashboard view is to have BOTH of the below:

1) I want to see all the appointments of my team which have notes in the appointment, this is as per option 1 in my screenshot, and that alone works fine.

2) I want to be able to also see all the appointments OTHER TEAMS have decided to share with MY team,  which is under option 2 in screenshot.

Each of these options works fine individually but when combined it does not work, and I don't understand why??? Is there no way to have it as OR condition for these? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:02 PM

All replies

• The filter is automatically selecting the and condition and as far as I know you cannot do an or there. I did however find a solution for a similar issue. I wanted my sales staff to be able to have their "my opportunities" view show opportunities they had been shared with. I ended up having to export the view as a solution and modify the XML. Once I did that the my opportunities view shows the shared opportunities as well. You can do a simple Google search for a decide guide on how to achieve that. It may accomplish what you are looking for. Below is another link I used.

http://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/zhongchenzhoustipstricksandportaldevelopment/archive/2012/06/28/dynamics-crm-2011-view-to-display-records-shared-with-current-user.aspx

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:37 PM