none
Suggestion: Where is the place for suggestion?

Question

• Hello,
    where is the place for suggestions?
    All the product forums contains several subforums about "How to" and "Problems"
    But I have not any idea where I should post suggestions.

And about this "Problems", wait MS for answers from other users, or what happens with this problems?
    Wherefrom the MS knows this is a bug report and the Problem is a bug, or the "Problem" is a "How I can..." problem?

Users with real bug reports and suggestions are lost in space here.
    At least the forums about beta products should contain a "Suggestion" subforum.

Peter
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:48 PM

All replies

• I too would like different kinds of areas here at forums. In one areas you could ask questions, in some areas you could discuss, and in some report bugs and suggestions. But there is Microsoft Connect site for bug reporting. I have used it couple of times and I remember that there was not a category for every Microsoft product eg. Windows XP bug reporting, but anyway:

https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx

It would be better if the Forums and Connect were integrated somehow.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:07 AM
  • Yes, I know this site. But it's only for not public betas.
    E.g. nothing about Office2010 Beta and Windows 7
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:05 PM
  • ??? This forum is locked. And AFAIK this forum is for users who get an invite for the tech preview only.

Or you mean that all suggestions should be finished after the Tech Preview, and the puplic beta is only for bugreports?

Peter
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:08 PM
  • Try Microsoft Office 2010 Beta instead.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:14 PM
  • Yes, but look in this forum.
    "I can't install", "it crash", "I can't...", ....., "it would be nice if...", ..... "I can't install", "it crash", "I can't..."

I fear there are some suggestion that get never read from anyone.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Microsoft reviews each and every post in the Office 2010 Forums.  Feel free to post your comment or question there.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:08 PM
  • Microsoft reviews each and every post in the Office 2010 Forums.  Feel free to post your comment or question there.
    Carey Frisch
    Carey, I agree the OP's inquiry contained an objection and criticism.  But your replies devolved into the message "buzz off, you're making us look bad ".
    escalated inquiry
    Yeah, well, this is suggestions and feedback for the forums. If the place for making suggestions for products is difficult to realise and or to find, then that should be assessed in case there might be ways to improve the forums. But if the answer is "you can post your questions over there" then the original problem / suggestion is not assessed at least from the users point of view, but an advice is given instead.

I think it is ok to give advice too in case it helps the users to use the forums. But I also would expect something like "thanks for your note, we are in progress of improving the forums categories and category types". Otherwise the users might think that their problem / suggestion isn't taken into consideration.
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:04 AM