Daylight Robbery RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed onecare last year and paid £37.99 for the privelige but after a month found it to be no good and uninstalled it. I now use macafee which has been trouble-free.

I tried several times to cancel onecare (especially the renewal part) on the billing/microsoft site. However any link just gives me a blank screen - especially the cancel option and the support option. Being very busy I unfortunately forgot to pursue this until I received an email regarding my onecare renewal earlier this month. This email was warning me that my debit card had expired on 31st March 2008 (which it had).

I thought "great I needn't do anything then".

WRONG

I have just discovered that microsoft have withdrawn £37.99 from my bank account on 16th April 08 without my consent.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Needless to say I am extremely annoyed about this and I demand a refund. I would like some advice from someone at microsoft if it's not too much trouble.

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:58 PM

Answers

•  

Please send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste a link to the post to which you are replying. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:11 AM