locked
Problem with custom entities after importing from DEV environment RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    After importing a set of customisations exported from my DEV environment, I import them into UAT and then publish them.

    Everything seems fine and I got no errors during the import/publish process.

    However, when I start opening forms up I get javascrip error messages all over the place and it happens on every single entity.

    I turned tracing on but the errror messages are not really informative.

    Please advise.

    Thanks,

    Stanley

    Friday, March 26, 2010 5:35 AM

Answers

  • Yes,

    It seems in your code you are accessing some field, which is not present now or mismatched

    So i will suggest you debug your code and which is the mail cause of this error


    Mahain
    • Marked as answer by Stanley_Lai Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:56 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 10:32 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    One possible cause could be "ObjectTypeCode", if you are using "ObjectTypeCode" in your JS.

    As you said it's working find in Dev environment, so please check your JS and if you are using "ObjectTypeCode".

    Change your code to use "ObjectTypeName" instead of "ObjectTypeCode", as it can be different in different environment.

    Hope it will help !!!


    Mahain
    Friday, March 26, 2010 6:25 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

    I never use 'ObjectTypeCode' in my JS. This process has all worked in the past. I cannot think of what I could of done to for this to happen.

    Stanley

    Friday, March 26, 2010 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

    What error you are getting ??


    Mahain
    Friday, March 26, 2010 10:05 AM
  • For example if I open up the application to the Accounts screen after loading the list there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the word 'Done'.

    I double click it to read the details and and it says Error: 'Expected Identifier'.

    Then if I open up an account record I get a message saying:

    Field:crmForm

    Event: onload

    Errror: Object Expected

    After this, none of javascript on the form loads properly.

    This happens to all my forms on all entities.

    When I go to customise the entity and try to edit a view filter I get a popup saying:

    Expected Identifier

    This seems to be problem at the import/publishing process rather than my JS code as it works in DEV

     

     

    Friday, March 26, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Yes,

    It seems in your code you are accessing some field, which is not present now or mismatched

    So i will suggest you debug your code and which is the mail cause of this error


    Mahain
    • Marked as answer by Stanley_Lai Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:56 AM
    Friday, March 26, 2010 10:32 AM
  • Hi Mahain,

    I seemed to have resolved it. The problem was casued by some JS code being commented out.

    Thanks for your help.

    Stanley

    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:55 AM