Uninstall stuck half way with error The specified path is not a metabase path. Parameter name: path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to install CRM and this failed.  Now I am trying to uninstall CRM and I get the following error messages

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.SetHelpConfigAction failed.  The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

I click ignore here.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RemoveFilterAction failed.  The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

I click ignore here.

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RemoveHelpVirtualDirAction failed The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

There is not ignore button here, it only aborts.

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 R2 and CRM 4.  SSRS is not install under "Default Web Site" but under a different site.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks
    Arjuna.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you downloaded the Setup Updates for the CRM Installer (either by clicking the update button at the start of the installer, or by downloading the files manually from the Microsoft site and specifying them in a config.xml file) ?

Also you can try and check the following as they are potential causes for the Metabase path error :

• An invalid path was entered for an existing installation of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
  • The default Web site has a host header.
  • The identifier of the default Web site is not 1.
  • The port of the default Web site is not 80.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you downloaded the Setup Updates for the CRM Installer (either by clicking the update button at the start of the installer, or by downloading the files manually from the Microsoft site and specifying them in a config.xml file) ?

Also you can try and check the following as they are potential causes for the Metabase path error :

• An invalid path was entered for an existing installation of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
  • The default Web site has a host header.
  • The identifier of the default Web site is not 1.
  • The port of the default Web site is not 80.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:23 PM
  • Hi Arjuna,

Did u solve this problem?

When i am trying to uniinstall CRM 4.0 its showing below error

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.SetHelpConfigAction failed.  The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RemoveFilterAction failed.  The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RemoveHelpVirtualDirAction failed The specified path is not a metabase path.  Parameter name: path

SERVER : Windows Server 2008 R2 web standard

Please help me out to uninstall the CRM 4.0

Christopher - |MCP Windows XP |MCITP:Server Administrator,Database Administrator,Ax2009 Installation & Configuration| CCNA ....
    Monday, January 10, 2011 10:04 AM
  • I had this happen to me too.   Unfortunately, there is no easy answer.  You have to do this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946980/en-us

Follow each step carefully.   There is no easy path now.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Thanks Brain,

I try this link once anyway i try once again.

Thanks.

Christopher - |MCP Windows XP |MCITP:Server Administrator,Database Administrator,Ax2009 Installation & Configuration| CCNA ....
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:08 PM