Smart Card Module(Smart Card minidriver) Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I have written a small Smart card module for my smart card in order to use it for logon and sending emails.
    When I enroll a certificate via web enrollment(which you connect server via web for requesting smart card certificate), I enrolled, and there is no problem for login and sending emails.
    But when I configured server for 'Autoenrollment' process(You will see a small balloon in tray-icon after this configuration,and when you click on it,you start a smart card enrollment), Enrolling fails in middle of process and no certificate will be added to my smart card.
    Is this a bug?
    Because I debugged 'Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider' in web enrollment and Autoenrollment process. When you are in autoenrollment process, some answers from basecsp.dll are not correct. For example basecsp.dll answers to CryptGetProvParam with flag PP_SIG_KEYSIZE_INC without calling CardQueryKeySizes(which is called in web enrollment mode).

Is there any way to solve this problem and use Smart card module via autoenrollment too?

Note: While i were developing my module, I set my module version to the least possible version(version 4). Please let me know if this can cause problem for autoenrollment process(As I told there is no problem with web enrollment)

Regards
    • Moved by Yan-Fei Wei Monday, September 8, 2008 12:52 AM Not a Visual C++ issue (Moved from Visual C++ General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:53 AM

Answers