In PS2010 - Farm Account vs Farm Permissions? RRS feed

• Question

• If I needed to do impersonation in a PSI program in PS2007, I could only do that if the program was running on THE "Farm Account'. (the actual account used for the Project Server installation).  Other admin account with the same privs didn't count.

In PS2010, given how differently PS2010 sits on top of SPS2010 vs. how PS2007 sat on top of MOSS2007, is that still the case? (impersonation possible from only the installation account)

Thanks for the info,

Ken

Ken F Henderson

Monday, July 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, July 2, 2012 3:30 PM
  • Thanks for the pointer, Paul.  I'm glad to see that multiple users can be given permission to impersonate as required. A few years ago, I had to convert a custom user interface program from PS2003 to PS2007 and discovered that in PS2007, only the actual GUID of the user account used to install PS2007 could do impersonation. As several power users had to continue to run that program (to change other users' assignments), I ended up having to put in a Win32 routine to have the user's NT process impersonate the farm admin (installer) account at that level, before the PS2007 impersonation (at the Sharepoint Services level) could work.

Cheers, Ken

Ken F Henderson

Monday, July 2, 2012 6:36 PM