.net framework removed accidentally!! Urgent help!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

.net framework 3.0 was removed accidentally from my CRM 4.0 server so it web client and client for outlook all stopped.

I tried to run the Repair but i got this error:"Microsoft Dynamics CRM server User Input. One or more MS Dynamics CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Universal. The group type must be Security."

In the help i get the following:"The Active Directory groups cannot be found."

I checked the Active Directory CRM groups, they're all there.

I then tried to reinstall .net framework from the CRM CD, it was installed successfully but still i get the same error.

I also can't see the .net framework 3.0 in the iis.

How can i solve this PROBLEM??

It's really urgent, it's a production server.

Friday, October 10, 2008 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Actually i was trying to register .net framework 3.0 with aspnet_regiis but it didn't work so i found out that aspnet_regiis is used for versions 1.0 and 2.0. We need to use ServiceModelReg.exe for version 3.0

ServiceModelReg is found under

%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\

Regards
    Monday, October 13, 2008 1:19 PM

All replies

• After reinstalling .Net framework you have to register it will IIS - you can do this with the aspnet_regiis.exe which should be in the <windir>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 directory. Note that it only ASP .Net 2.0 that shows up in IIS. You may also have use IIS Manager to explicitly set the CRM web site to use ASP .Net 2.0.

Once this is done I'd expect CRM to work fine; if not it's probably best to reinstall it and connect to the existing databases 

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Hi,

Actually i was trying to register .net framework 3.0 with aspnet_regiis but it didn't work so i found out that aspnet_regiis is used for versions 1.0 and 2.0. We need to use ServiceModelReg.exe for version 3.0

ServiceModelReg is found under

%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\

Regards
    Monday, October 13, 2008 1:19 PM