locked
KPI's and SSAS Roles RRS feed

  • Question

  • Can someone understand this and tell us what's going on?
     
    We've got a test environment which has SQL2008R2 on one server and Sharepoint 2010 and Analysis Services (and all the gubbins) on a second server.  We've created a large (ish) DW and have built a number of Cubes around the Data.  We've installed Reporting and PerformancePoint 2010 on the server and we can happily create KPI's, Reports et al and surface them in Sharepoint.
     
    We've also created Roles on the Analysis Server but when a user within a role views the Sharepoint Portal they cannot see KPI's!  They can see Reports, Grids with the correct (limited) data.  We've even created a page which has a 4 item scorecard with KPI's and a PP Report Grid; for a 'Role' User the Grid displays the correct data, the KPI's simply display 'ERROR'.  When we switch back to an Administrator Role everything is OK, we see the KPI's and also the grid; it seems that the Role is causing an error when used by KPI's in PerformancePoint.  When the cube is interrogated from within BIDS or another application (Excel) we see exactly what is expected, i.e. Limited Datas set for 'Role' users.
     
    Confused is what I am as this is what I've done countless times before with no problems...

    Thoughts from someone please...


    Uncle Syd, BI Consultant


    • Edited by Uncle Syd Friday, June 22, 2012 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:07 AM

Answers

  • Hello Uncle Syd,

    It appears you may have posted your inquiry on the Microsoft Academic Search forum in error. Please let us know if we can provide any assistance on using Microsoft Academic Search.

    Best regards,

    Microsoft Academic Search Team

    Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:09 PM
    Moderator