advanced admin console causes event and connector shuts down RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS has been running great.  I have 3 add-ins: advanced admin console, sagetv, and WHS disk management.  I recently received a notice of an important upgrade for IE8.  I do not know what IE was already on the system, but I allowed it.  The software seemed to download OK and initialize, but then a security warning message popped up about untrusted sites and I sequentially closed each request.  One of the sites was something like admt.com (spelling?) which I searched and it was a trojan.   Later I tried to open up advanced admin console and when I did, there was a delay and then the connector program screen went blue and then closed.  I subsequently downloaded and ran spybot and ad-aware, found three files including the admt.com, and then deleted them.  I rebooted but the same problem keeps happening.  All other aspects of WHS seem fine.  I Removed and reinstalled advanced admin console several times without any success.

When I find the error in the event viewer, it lists the problem as a .net runtime 2.0 error.  I would show a screenshot, but I don't know how to add it to this post.

Appreciate your help,
    barry

Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:17 PM

All replies