Is MS Sync framework domain-specific? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I read here , that

" we're also working on simplifying the development of end-to-end synchronization solutions by providing domain-specific components for common scenarios such as synchronizing relational databases, file systems, devices, etc."

Last week i was trying to sync to file servers.. both under different domain, when i tried syncing i get following error..

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '\\destination_server_name\directory_name\'

My first basic questions is does Syncfx work across domains?

If No, Is it possible to in anyways or is there any workaround for this

If Yes, am i doing anything wrong in implementations

Please advice or share your views,

Thanks

Prashant C
    Monday, November 22, 2010 6:02 AM

All replies

• the term "domain-specific" in the documentation does not refer to network domains (A/D).

have you check for permission issues? does the user under which the sync is running have permissions on the folder?

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Hi JuneT,

Thank you so much for your reply,

I have give "Full Control" permissions to the destination directory, the same code is running for local computers which are under same domain,

I have given permissions to NETWORK SERVICES , I even tried my luck with "USERS", but same results, could please provide any more suggestions or explanations on the issue?

Prashant C
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:26 AM