off topic - removing i.e.7to reinstalling windows xp RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi,this brandon i have problem with my pc, i need to reinstall windows xp,but i have remove i.e.7 first.

but what i get is the following error message (spuninst.log).

what i also was getting were the following pop-ups (Tcpicp,netbt, 715e364-8f65-4ffe-b430-65c629597e64)

which after digging around my pc i found these were part of the OS,which i did not so a precaution i blocked

them,but for the life of me why did come up on my screen at all,so when i blocked they were removed from

OS,now i believe i should reinstall windows xp.

I sent a e-mail MSN but i already knew better as they are of little or no help unless you send them boat load

money.

Now i do not know if this right forum or nor i care all iam looking for is a simple answer to my problem.

Also i tried using a known good restore point but could get restore to start up,which leads me to beleive

i need to reinstall windows xp,thank,s in advance,brandon

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:30 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

However, if you plan on reinstalling XP, you don't need to remove anything, as you can simply choose for XP Install to format the drive before installing. Be sure to backup your data files first.

-steve

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:14 AM