Remote Web Access broken RRS feed

• Question

• For the life of me I can't get my server to set up remote web access again. I had it working a while ago but started to have an issue with something or another and turned it off with the idea of turning it back on for a fix. Well, now I can't get past the "setting up the router" portion if I check the "skip router setup" box or not. 

I was using a Linksys E4200v1 and called them up to try to figure out why upnp wasn't working and port forwarding didn't seem to be either. They said the hardware was bad so I upgraded to the EA4500. Well, I still have the same problem. 

I did some more digging and it sounds like the router needs to be able to do NAT loopback. So, I pulled out my WRT54GL with DD-WRT which sounds like it should allow NAT loopback. Still the same problem. 

With the EA4500 hooked up I used nmap to do a NAT loopback scan of the TCP ports on the server and it shows my homeserver.com address on ports 80 and 443 but since the remote web access is off I can't access it.

In all this process everything has been rebooted countless times, turned upnp on and off, manually forwarded ports, you name it. I've looked at several thread talking about this issue and no one seems to have an answer. 

To me it seems like the problem is in the setup wizard somehow but I don't know now to do anything about that. I'm at a loss for any other ideas at this point. Could someone please help!!!?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:39 AM