CRM 2011: Remove specific sent emails from Outlook when sending emails from within CRM 2011. HOW??? RRS feed

• Question

• I am sending emails from crm 2011 with a workflow automatically and the sent email is being shown in the users sent items folder in Outlook 2007.

Is there a way to remove this from happenning ? To remove specific emails with a specific subject from the sent items folder of Outlook? I think in may be able to be done from exchange but how?

Please help!!!!!

Email Router NOT AN OPTION.

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had. Enviroment: ------------ CRM 2011 On-Premise ver:5.0.9688.583 ,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, email router not installed, SQL Server 2008 with reports, different servers for crm and sql(1 server for crm , 1 server for SQL with report and another for the client pc),Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.
    • Edited by gokou84san Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:50 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:38 PM

All replies

• You can delete messages based on specific criteria, but you'll need to create a "when they arrive" rule and use the Rules Wizard "Run Now" option to run a rule (or rules) on the Sent Items folder to delete the messages meeting your criteria.

I hope this helps

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:59 PM
  • From where are you speaking ?from within exchange server? Also when u say run now you mean do it manually . THis rule will not happen automatically?

Please vote if I helped out :) thanks all in this forum for helping with any problem i had. Enviroment: ------------ CRM 2011 On-Premise ver:5.0.9688.583 ,Server OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit, Client OS: Windows 7 64bit, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, email router not installed, SQL Server 2008 with reports, different servers for crm and sql(1 server for crm , 1 server for SQL with report and another for the client pc),Office 2007, not the final production system but a development sytem.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:13 PM
  • You can delete messages based on specific criteria, but you'll need to create a "when they arrive" rule and use the Rules Wizard "Run Now" option to run a rule (or rules) on the Sent Items folder to delete the messages meeting your criteria.

I hope this helps

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/

The thing is if you do a rule of when they  arrive then it we delete also the email before being sent but it will not delete the item in the sent item folder.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

If in workflow you are sending an email form the user account (Email from a particular user) which has Email Access Type Outgoing configuration set to Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook then when user synchronize outlook client then the email will be always sent via the outlook (even if it was created from a workflow) either you can use E-mail Router to send emails, you can configure a Queue account in E-mail Router for company accounts i.e. info@xyz.com to send an emails but if you have to send emails via the particular user account and user is using outlook for sending emails then the on synchronizing outlook client then CRM would send email via Outlook and it will be tracked in Sent folders because it was send via outlook.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:43 AM