WM6: Remind me again in... RRS feed

• Question

•  

If you snooze a reminder it offers you choices for how long.

1 min, 5mins etc.  Then ut jumps from 1 hour to 1 day.  On the desktop there are several inbetween (4 hours, 8 hours, 1/2 day) which are the ones I use most (being able to remember things for a minute most of the time ).

Could we have an option to edit that list so each individual could choose the ones most relevant to to they work?

It would be great to even have a remind me again on... that pops up a date time entry box for precision setting.

Cheers

Andy

Monday, October 15, 2007 12:14 PM

Answers

• Point well taken.

MS is reading these forums and we as moderators will take this suggestion also to the developers as recommendation for future releases.

This is excatly why we have this suggestion box

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:06 AM

All replies

• I totaly agree! This is something I really miss since moving to wm5. I expected that this would be fixed in wm6 but still no joy! Sad I hope a patch is released soon to enable more options.

Monday, October 15, 2007 4:57 PM
  • Totally agree with you. Microsoft Pocket PC ver 4.2 allows people to choose to snooze for 2 more options (1/2 and 4 hours, although I think it is better to include 8 hours as well) and yet WM6 doesn't provide these anymore. It's unreasonable to move backward. This question is also often asked in many outside WM6 forums. I strongly urge Microsoft to consider to release a patch accordingly soon to resolve this problem.

Also moving backward is the way to choose the Agenda, Day, Week, Month and Year view in Calender. In ver 4.2, all the view buttons are available at the bottom, which is very convenient to choose from. In WM6, however, it becomes a sequential display of views. Sometimes, for instance, if the Agenda view is my default, and I need to check out the Year, I need to go through the Day, Week and Month before getting the Year. I have heard some years ago that Microsoft does some projects to find ways to design their OS and applications to cut the number of keystrokes made by the users to get their job done. Sequential display of views definitely does the opposite of the projects.

Patrick

Friday, November 30, 2007 3:24 PM
  • How about one of you Microsoft guys chiming in and letting us know where Microsoft stands on this?  Having remind me again options is a huge deal when dealing with appointments that require preparation time.  1 hour and 1 day are just not enough.  How about adding 8 hours, 1/2 day, 2 days and 4 days?  How about that?  I don't understand why these would not be provided.  Surely they do not consume much ROM space?  Or better yet, let is geeky programmers and IT professionals add our one via a registry editor.  Now, there's a winner of an idea.

Thanks,

Greg Wilkerson

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 12:04 AM
  • Point well taken.

MS is reading these forums and we as moderators will take this suggestion also to the developers as recommendation for future releases.

This is excatly why we have this suggestion box

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:06 AM
  • Bump also.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:00 PM