windows downloads and acer computers RRS feed

• Question

•  just before chrismas microsoft download sent something that caused my acer aspire 5610Z to lose all webcam functions, made it unable to play my videos, mp3's, and DVD's.  i managed to get the videos, mp3's and DVD's to work again after resetting my dates back to before the download, however the webcam refuses to work, at one geek site they called up a repair program that showed the webcam works but only in a dirct management mode...i have re-installed the drivers, checked the control systems, and re-installed the webcam program from the disk but the windows system will not let the webcam operate.  i tried to get some help from  'geeks-by-the-minute' and they remotely operated my 'puter for over an hour and could not get the webcam to function, then had the nerve to charge me $226.86 for NOT getting my webcam working!!!
        i have been snubbed by acer corp., they were as helpful as a pain in the ____.  since i have had this laptop with vista it has been a constant pain to use, constantly asks am i sure i want to use a program that i just clicked on and in general has made me want to get a macintosh/apple 'puter as soon as i can drag all the info out of this stupid acer with vista and burn the darn thing!!! 
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:18 AM

Answers

• Hello marknduke,

Back up and offload your data, then follow the Acer instructions for doing a destructive system recovery.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:32 AM