it's not working at all RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2013, NoReplyAll version 3.1.4.0

i just installed the add-in to my Outlook, restarted Outlook and tried it with several co-workers. though i disabled the replyall and forward before sending my test email, the recipients still can forward and reply to all.

why it doesn't work?

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:07 AM

All replies

• Are you all connected to the same Exchange server - the mechanism used here works only with Exchange-based email, and only if all the accounts are attached to the same Exchange server system (the flags set by the add-in and handled by Outlook are propagated through Exchange and will be dropped otherwise). And are your recipients all using Outlook on Windows too, since only Outlook pays attention to those flags?
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:42 AM
  • yes we are. same Exchange server, same Outlook 2013, same VLAN. however, it does work on me when i send an email to myself so it makes me think should i install the same add-in to the recipient too?

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:47 AM
  • The add-in sets the flags but it's Outlook which acts on them, so it shouldn't be necessary for the recipient to have the add-in - but things are obviously not working here...

The add-in does also show the current state of the flags on received message windows (and lets the recipient re-enable the associated behaviours!) so I guess that installing it on the others' machines would let you see if the flags are being dropped en route vs Outlook ignoring the settings (neither of which should be happening, of course).

I admit I know nothing about how Exchange is configured - maybe there's some setup option that ignores these flags? (Just speculation.)

If you have the time, maybe take a look at https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/gsmyth/2011/08/06/outlook-object-model/ and see if the PowerShell script for displaying 'actions' works on the sending and receiving machines: might give some more clues about where the info is getting lost - though I can't think of a way to compensate at the moment, wherever things are going wrong.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:57 AM