none
Submit button rarely closes a the posting toaster, but the post was successful. RRS feed

• Question

• When I click reply on a thread, enter my reply, and click submit, the submit button is grayed out.  That's where things just stop.  If I right click on the thread title and open the thread in a new window, my response is in the thread, but the toaster window where I responded has not disappeared.  Any reason for this?  I'm not getting any errors or anything.  I'm just getting nothing at all.

David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:30 PM

Answers

• This is the same issue as the "Repeated Posts", "Error Processing Request" for reply as well as the "New Thread" issue you just mentioned. There are alot of threads and posts currently around this issue.

1. It's caused by an Alerts Subscription Failure. So your post goes through and is save, but the subscribe/alert call fails.
    2. For an immediate workaround you can uncheck the Alert Me box and you shouldn't encounter any issues.
    3. We're working on resolving the underlying issue as to why some web boxes are being rejected when calling the alert api.
    4. We also hope to get a patch out early next week for the Reply case which will log the failure, but return success to the client so the Editor is dismissed...
    5. Our Nov release has a much different implementation which refactors most of this too.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:58 PM

All replies

• When posting this thread, I just got this error:

The thread was created successfully but the alert subscription was not successful.
    David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:31 PM
  • This is the same issue as the "Repeated Posts", "Error Processing Request" for reply as well as the "New Thread" issue you just mentioned. There are alot of threads and posts currently around this issue.

1. It's caused by an Alerts Subscription Failure. So your post goes through and is save, but the subscribe/alert call fails.
    2. For an immediate workaround you can uncheck the Alert Me box and you shouldn't encounter any issues.
    3. We're working on resolving the underlying issue as to why some web boxes are being rejected when calling the alert api.
    4. We also hope to get a patch out early next week for the Reply case which will log the failure, but return success to the client so the Editor is dismissed...
    5. Our Nov release has a much different implementation which refactors most of this too.

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:58 PM