Visual Studio : File size over 100KB, Can not save back to Web Server ? RRS feed

• Question

• I use vs2008(sp1) to implement my web site. My web site is builin on Windows server 2003 (IIS 6.0) with Frontpage 2002 Server Extension.

I develop the Web Project with vs2008(sp1). When I connect to the web project with "Frontpage Web Site", the file that is more than 100KB can not be saved back to the web site. And I got the error message : "Can not save '?????' to Wev Server. The server connection timed out". When I connect to the web project with "File System", it works fine for all size files !
    What's problem in the configuration of Frontpage 2002 Server Extension ?

PS: The web projects on the other web server all work fine with Frontpage web Accessing !

• Moved by Mike Feng Monday, September 24, 2012 7:09 AM Looking for a better forum (From:Visual Basic IDE)
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Snoopy,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

This issue is not very appropriate in this forum. But I am sure which is the right forum. So I move it to "Where is the forum for" forum to looking for a better forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Might ask them over here.

http://forums.asp.net/1213.aspx/1?Visual+Studio+and+Visual+Web+Developer+Express

http://forums.iis.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Monday, September 24, 2012 5:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, October 1, 2012 1:43 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 3:54 PM